Click on any of the cards at the bottom of this page to learn more about an individual program.
Contact us at 905-687-3914 for more information on any of the programs on this page.
I want to learn
Recently diagnosed or just looking to learn more about dementia? Individuals living with dementia or Mild Cognitive Impairment are welcome to attend any of the following education programs:
- Connections First - Get to know the Alzheimer Society and learn a bit about dementia and brain health.
- Beyond Words Learning Series - An early stage learning series for individuals living with dementia and their care partners.
- Finding Your Way - Helps people living with dementia, their families, caregivers and communities to recognize the risk of going missing, be prepared for incidents of going missing, and ensure that people with dementia can live safely in the community.
- Learning the ROPES for Living with MCI - A program aimed at community dwelling older adults experiencing mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and their close family member/friend.
I need support
- One-on-one counselling - Our Client Support Outreach Services offer individualized support and education by case counsellors with expertise in dementia.
- Friendly Visiting - Matches a person living with dementia with a trained volunteer to decrease social isolation through weekly visits.
- Tele-Care Phone visiting - A phone based Friendly Visiting program supported by trained volunteers who make phone calls to clients on a pre-determined schedule.
I want to stay healthy
We offer a range of programming to help you keep active, both physically and socially.
- Art Expressions - A painting class for individuals living with dementia and their care partners - no experience required!
- Brain Wave Café - A drop-in group offering a welcoming place in the community for people to meet up regularly and share their experiences with their peers. Online and in-person options available.
- Minds in Motion - A physical activity and brain stimulation program for people with dementia and their care partners.
- Qigong exercise (virtual) - A gentle exercise class suitable for all persons living with dementia and care partners.
- Power of Music - A music-focused program where we reminisce to our favourite songs and participate in music-themed activities. This program is open to persons living with dementia or memory change and care partners.
- Recollections - This program helps individuals living with dementia create a lasting Life Story book to share with their family and friends.
- Sole Mates Walking Group - The Sole Mates walking group will meet each Friday for outdoor walks in the community (in the spring/summer months).
- Tele-Recreation (phone) - A telephone-based program that you can participate in from the comfort of your own home.
- Wellness Program - Meet peers and participate in meaningful activities in an inclusive and welcoming environment.