Click on any of the cards at the bottom of this page to learn more about an individual program.
Contact us at 905-687-3914 for more information on any of the programs on this page.
I want to learn
The Alzheimer Society believes in empowering care partners with the knowledge they need to support persons living with dementia and themselves. We offer a range of educational opportunities to meet your needs.
- Connections First - Get to know the Alzheimer Society and learn a bit about dementia and brain health.
- Next Steps & Care Essentials - This 4 session learning series provides care partners an opportunity to learn more about dementia, develop caregiving strategies, and become familiar with community resources and supports.
- Caregiver Wellness - Monthly education sessions on various topics of interest to care partners.
- Public Forums - Open to anyone in the community; regular topics include Advanced Care Planning, Driving & Dementia, Options for Care.
- U-First - A 3-part series for individuals who are supporting someone with behaviour changes due to dementia or cognitive impairment.
- Positive Approach to Care (PAC) - Developed by renowned dementia educator Teepa Snow, PAC aims to help care partners understand brain changes resulting from dementia and learn ways of approach that accommodate for those changes.
- Finding Your Way - Helps people living with dementia, their families, caregivers and communities to recognize the risk of going missing, be prepared for incidents of going missing, and ensure that people with dementia can live safely in the community.
I need support
- One-on-one counselling - Our Client Support Outreach Services offer individualized support and education by case counsellors with expertise in dementia.
- Support Groups - We offer a range of support groups for care partners, both virtually and in-person throughout the Niagara Region.
- Self-Care for the Caregiver - Designed to help individuals who are feeling overwhelmed in caring for others and finding it hard to take care of themselves.
I want to stay healthy
We offer a range of programming for both individuals living with dementia and their care partners to help keep you active, both physically and socially.
- Art Expressions - A painting class for individuals living with dementia and their care partners - no experience required!
- Brain Wave Café - A drop-in group offering a welcoming place in the community for people to meet up regularly and share their experiences with their peers. Online and in-person options available.
- Minds in Motion - A physical activity and brain stimulation program for people with dementia and their care partners.
- Qigong exercise (virtual) - A gentle exercise class suitable for all persons living with dementia and care partners.
- Power of Music - A music-focused program where we reminisce to our favourite songs and participate in music-themed activities. This program is open to persons living with dementia or memory change and care partners.
- Sole Mates Walking Group - The Sole Mates walking group will meet each Friday for outdoor walks in the community (in the spring/summer months).