Minds in Motion
Minds in Motion® is a fitness and social program for those with early stage dementia and a friend, family member or caregiver.
Enjoy physical activity conducted by a certified fitness instructor, followed by activities and social time in a relaxed atmosphere. Develop new friendships with others living similar experiences.
About Minds in Motion
How the program works
A 1.5- 2 hour, weekly program that runs for ten consecutive weeks. We offer in-person and virtual offerings of the program. Minds in Motion® combines:
- 45 to 60 minutes of physical activity, led by a certified physical activity program leader
- 45 to 60 minutes of socially stimulating mental activities, facilitated by volunteers
Class sizes are limited in order to accommodate the needs of all participants.
Benefits for the person living with dementia
- Increased confidence and comfort with their diagnosis
- Inclusion in community
- Improved balance, mobility, flexibility and alertness
Benefits for the caregiver, family member or friend
- Self-care: An opportunity to focus on their own health, rather than focusing exclusively on the needs of the person living with dementia
- Pleasure from seeing the person that they care for enjoying themselves
- Mutual support and learning from other care partners
Benefits for all
- Sharpened mental functioning, sometimes lasting two to three days
- Reduced sense of isolation
- Improved balance, mobility, flexibility, strength, and endurance
- Supportive environments which encourage new friendships with others who are living the same
For upcoming sessions, please visit our Program and Events page
For questions about Minds in Motion, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-949-4141.