Minds in Motion® - a physical activity program for a person living with early stage dementia and a partner in care. Space is limited.
We're pleased to be able to offer the program free of charge!
To learn more, call our InfoLine at 1-800-611-6345.
April 6th – May 25th (8 weeks) from 2:00 - 4:00 PM
Space is limited - call our InfoLine at 1-800-611-6345 to register.
Offered in Halifax, Minds in Motion® is a community-based social program that incorporates physical and mental stimulation for people with early to mid-stage dementia and their care partners.
Through the Minds in Motion® program, both the person living with dementia and the care partner can expect the following:
- Increasing physical activity through gentle group exercise
- Establishing new friendships with others who are living with similar experiences
- Engaging in fun, social activities
The program runs once a week for 8 weeks in a community setting and includes:
- 45 to 60 minutes of physical activity
- 45 to 60 minutes of mentally stimulating activities
- Healthy refreshments
“The meaningful activity portion of the program is an excellent concept for mental stimulation, positive encouragement, promoting self esteem.”
- Program Participant
Minds in Motion® is a great environment to establish new friendships with others who are living with similar experiences.
Minds in Motion® activities can be adapted to suit all abilities.
Benefits can include:
- Improved balance, mobility, flexibility, and alertness
- Increased confidence
- Reduced sense of isolation
- Sharpened mental functioning, sometimes lasting 2-3 days
- Mutual support and learning from others with similar experiences
- An opportunity to get out and have fun!
Registration is now FREE! Call our InfoLine at 1-800-611-6345 to learn more.